Just in case any of you blog stalkers out there think our lives are only full of fun adventures and relaxing afternoons let me set you straight. Between all those lovely moments our lives are full of hectic schedules that always have us loading and going, chores, making messes, things lost, things broken, fighting over the biggest bowl cereal or the only bike without a flat tire & many unexpected minor disasters.
RECENT EXAMPLE#1:
2 weeks ago when the kids had just been back to school for a few days Jaxon and Canyon were playing together. I was watching them out the window thinking how good it was for them to have this alone time to become better friends and for Jaxon to get to focus on being the BIG brother. The next thing I know I hear the front door slam and Canyon starts scream-Crying. I hurry over to find his hand dripping with blood and quickly pick him up and take him to the sink to wash it off and asses the damage. I was horrified to find his two last fingernails hanging by a loose piece of flesh at the end of his finger tips. I realized I had to remove them and did so(Moms have to be so brave...it was disgusting...and chills...so brave). I have had my toenail ripped out and I know how painful it is with all the nerves and all. I was just sick for him. He could not stop crying and finally threw up all over me. I cleaned us up and called my Visiting teachers to cancel their app. to visit. Canyon finally calmed down in my arms while I rocked him and fell asleep. I went to lay him down and he started screaming all over again. So we rocked back to sleep. I went to lay him down at least 2 more times and every time he woke up. So we rocked for about 3 hours. It took a few days for his fingers to scab over and still after 2 weeks they are very sensitive. I don't know if he will ever have those two fingernails again. (By the way Jaxon is the one who slammed the door and didn't realize Canyons fingers were in it, he felt awful, and was very compassionate towards Canyon)
RECENT EXAMPLE #2:
Last week Chelsey came to visit. She loves to walk Kasen to the bus stop which is a good 3 blocks away. She has always been fascinated with school buses.(You know Chelsey she doesn't grow out of her childhood delights) Chelsey loaded up Canyon and Kasen in the double jogger and off they went to the bus stop. I was a little concerned that they might not make in time walking so Jaxon and I got in the truck and went to check on them. When I turned the last corner There they were frozen in fear as 3 viscous dogs surrounded them barking loudly. I rolled down the window and told Chels to keep walking and they would go home. She was really scared but slowly started to walk on pushing the stroller. The digs pursued her and the biggest Mastiff bit her leg. I WAS SO MAD! How dare he...stupid dog...mangy...ooooh I was mad. I checked her out and she decided to hurry on to get Kasen on the bus. I parked a few houses away and walked back toward the home to hollar at the owners for help with the situation. (Or to tell them that their dog just bit my handicap sister who was innocently pushing my two babies to the bus stop. And they had better get them inside or under control!) Very BAD IDEA! My protective instincts had kicked in and I was not thinking it all through. The minute the dogs saw me turn in their direction they came charging after me. I tried yelling, kicking and then running. But not fast enough to outrun them. I have never been so scared in my whole life. The Mastiff bit my leg and I screamed for help! I knew if I fell I would be done for. I looked to see a large muscles, tattoo covered, hairy man running towards me....I never saw a more welcome sight. He got the dogs of my tail and his Mom came to help me out. I was shaking like a leaf and my leg still hurts! I called the police and then got Chelsey and the kids home safe. The kind neighbors that came to my rescue stayed with me the whole time. Troy showed up soon after and held the dogs at bay with a shovel until the police showed up and hour later. He regrets that he didn't bring his gun. He helped the police capture the dogs and load them in the animal control truck. In the process he got bit also. I was so grateful that my kids were not hurt and that I had listened to the thought to go check on them. This situation could have been so much worse. The dogs are in JAIL! We were hot and exhausted and very sore. Chelsey had a huge hole ripped out of pants but barely got nipped thank goodness for that. She felt like a hero the way she protected the kids and got Kasen on the bus...good job CHELS!(My new found neighbor...you know the one who came to my rescue...he is getting a plate of cookies and a heart felt thank you.) As for Troy-your presence always makes me feel safe thank you for always taking care of us.
RECENT EXAMPLE#3:
Today I made breakfast and got the kids off to school, thawed out and cleaned out the freezer, prepped,packed & sent Troy off hunting for a week, did 5 loads of laundry, went grocery shopping, laminated, cleaned, answered about 10 phone calls and 10 texts, fed Jaxon and Canyon lunch and watered the school plants. (yes in that order...except for the phone which was dispersed throughout the morn.) It was while I was watering the plants in the school room that I heard the crash of the bar stool hit the concrete floor. I listened for a cry and ...nothing for a few seconds then Canyon whimpering. I found him all the way under the kitchen table behind the bar and Distraught Jaxon assuring me he did not do it. Canyon had kicked off the wall and tipped backwards HARD! His head was bleeding all down his neck and he had a large "goose egg" on the other side (both in the back). It looked bad. Natalie came right over and helped. She ended up taking Jaxon to her house and My dad held Canyon while we drove to the E.R.(my least favorite place in the world...its only in the movies that anyone ever gets rushed in to immediate help...they never show the paper work. And I always get someone hysterical next door who I have to drown out of my head) We got through checking in and questions, paperwork, waiting, numbing ointment on the wound, waiting, irrigating the wound....youch! Found a dum dum in moms purse.....HOORAY!Then gum until he threw it and I couldn't find it, happy again, saw the doc, got a CT scan, waited, Papa brought french fries and fruit for Canyon....YUM!, waited, Canyon tried diving off the bed about 4 times, walked around the room, found his gum on the floor he had thrown earlier & ate it...GROSS!, threw it away, cried, waited, doc came and gave him 6 staples in his head, they look creepy and give me the shivers, we left for home, Canyon slept all the way home, is asleep in my bed with me.
Can I just say.....ENOUGH! I am so tired. Tired of hurts. Canyon was supposed to get a hair cut tomorrow...oh well. Staples come out in ten days. Tomorrow is going to be a regular ol day! Nothing interesting just regular and predictable. Troy can have the exciting day and find a huge antelope to shoot. Get it Friday morning and then come home. I know I'm delusional....can you blame me. Never mind don't answer that.
Things seem to come in threes from my experience. Hopefully that will help your mind set. Glad everybody is okay.
ReplyDeleteWhat the Heck! I want to shoot those dogs too!! Did you ever find the owners and yell at them? Poor Canyon, he's just getting hurt left and right....what a tough kid he is!
ReplyDelete