Life is unpredictable!
Sometimes it throws you through a loop and it takes a while to get your balance again...
Early in my life I was put in circumstances that allowed me to gain a strong testimony of faith in a Loving Heavenly Father(God) and that he really hears and answers our prayers. I was taught a small child to pray daily and that I was literally a child of God. I was sure that God would help me anytime I needed it. When I was 11 years old my little sister Chelsey was born. She was born with serious brain problems and the Doctors told us she might not live. I remember clearly knowing that I must pray for her and immediately did so. After praying I felt a flood of warmth and tingling flow through me and a peace in my heart(it no longer hurt with worry) I also had the words come to my mind she will live she will be O.K. I will never forget how clear that message was and how good I felt. After that witness from the holy ghost It was easy for me to have faith and I put my full trust in Lord. I watched many miracles happen for Chelsey and witnessed many more times the Power of God in my own life.
Later on I found Troy he was such a good man and was driven by these same convictions. We started our life together and continued to live by faith. Our lives have been filled with challenges and great blessings. We continue to consult God in our decisions and as we look back we see the that his vision for us has been perfect. The paths we have walked have been exactly what we needed even though they have been hard at times these trials have only brought us close to him. Even though we have set this pattern for our lives we have much more to learn...
Life is unpredictable.
The last few years have presented many challenges for our extended family and because we are a close family they of course affect us too. We have been caring for Chelsey for a little over a year now.
My mom's health has gotten increasingly worse. My Dad till very recently had been unemployed for 2 years. Everything seemed to be getting worse and worse despite our prayers and fasting. I knew miracles were possible and found myself full of doubt and worry. Wondering if I could accept whatever God's will was for my mom.(why not a miracle now? how bad do things have to get? ) Having these thoughts made me even question if I still had faith or not. Many scriptures with promises came to mind and after giving is much thought and pondering my testimony I realized I was not loosing my faith I simply had to let go and hand it over to the Lord. By putting it all in God's hands trusting that whatever he chose for us we would be able to handle. I became very dependent on the Lord and took things only day by day. I have watched my mom suffer and spent hours trying all I could to relieve her pain and discomfort. I have cried a lot. I have watched my Dad plead to the Lord for her again and again and I have watched them both suffering not knowing what each day would bring. Things seemed so hard & crazy!
Over the last few months I have made regular visits to my mom. Helped with all the research and app. for doctors and so forth and watched my family rally together in any effort to help the situation. It has been very discouraging at times.
Slowly they have been lead to the right doctors and She has found some relief. The last few visits we have found her to be a little improved and able to do a little more. She is even able to attend church and relief society( she lays down on the bench in the back of the room). She has visitors often and she makes sure that everyone who comes to see her leaves feeling loved. The last time I visited her I was completely amazed by her attitude. She was counting her blessings and so happy with her life. She has always shared with me what she is learning and shown me through example. Her faith is so strong she has no doubt that the God's plan for her is perfect and that she is in his care. Her attitude is contageous and it strengthens me.
These last few months I have learned many great lessons.
Life is unpredictable,
Life is Hard sometimes,
Each day is full of moments some pleasant some not,
finding gratitude for every moment is life's greatest challenge.
When we have gratitude we are filled with peace and joy & protection.
It is not our circumstances that bring us happiness. We can find joy in any circumstance as we live by faith and have gratitude no matter what.
We are in the Lords hands and his timing is perfect.
When our efforts fall short if we cast our burden at his feet he will make up the difference.
My Mom and Dad have been such good examples to me.
Even though I know these things to be true I am still working on them constantly.(uuugh)
I have been neglecting my blog because my efforts have been focused on my family and getting through all the other facets of my life. No big miracles have happened like I kept expecting just lots of little ones that are making all the difference in our lives. I went from feeling like I could not keep up this pace of life taking care of my family Chelsey and all. But I have been strengthened and stretched, and filled with a feeling of peace and a knowledge that I can do anything with the Lord. God has a plan and overtime we will see it all come together for our good. If you read all of this.....thanks for listening.
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING!!!!

I love you Amy! I love your family, I love your mom. Your update on her health and your update on your spiritual perspective were strengthening. You are making a difference. You are doing what the Lord wants you to. Again, I love you!
ReplyDelete