Our New Quote to live by for 2013..."A family that Prays and Plays Together stays together"

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

St. Patricks Day- Gimmie GREEEEN!

This year our traditional treasure hunt grew to include all our neighborhood friends and a few kids who heard about it at school. Natalie wrote all the clever clues and I made all the cupcakes. Baylee and Kambria made the rainbow and Chelsey dressed up like the leprechaun. (Thank You to the moms who helped get the kids from one clue to the next.)We always have so much fun thinking it up and watching the kids enjoy it. I'm not really sure who has more fun us or them.
Here are a few pictures of moments throughout the day...
Chelsey adorned in green and using her best Irish accent passes out cupcakes.

MY two little leprechauns.
Jaxon joined us in Montessori today and had a ball with all the green activities and of course FOOD!


Their were so many kids this is the best we could do for a group picture. They had just gotten home from school and were raring to go.
We ran all over the neighborhood looking for the treasure at the end of the rainbow.



At school Mrs. Merrill was pleased to share a rainbow fruit platter with marshmallows for clouds the kids loved it!
I love familyfun.com I get so many great ideas for cute snacks.



Kasen eating his gold!





My good friend and neighbor Angie came over and helped me frost these 48 cupcakes,
what a sweetheart!

Lacey wearing more green!



O.K. I have waited all month to try this recipe for Irish Freckle bread it has raisins, pineapple and nuts in it it was soooooo good! I just had to take a picture of this rustic bread.
It was so fun to make. I took it over to Nat and Daves to go with the corn beef and cabbage dinner they had prepared. I'm not a fan of this Irish meal but was amazed by how tasty it was. Natalie made it better than I have ever had it before! YUUUUUM!



The littlest leprechaun.
I got this little green shirt at a garage sale isn't he adorable










No comments:

Post a Comment