Our New Quote to live by for 2013..."A family that Prays and Plays Together stays together"

Monday, April 26, 2010

Grandpa John Nance Bevell

My Grandpa Bevell passed away on April 19, 2010. We just celebrated his life on Saturday. I am his oldest grandchild. I love him dearly. He is a great man. So loving so giving. I have great childhood memories with grandpa and have stayed close to him all these years. It has been a joy to share him with my husband and children and to watch their relationships also. I watched Grandma take such good care of him through the years...so attentive and caring. It made me always want to take care of grandpa too. Although every time I thought I was there to help him he ended up giving me much more. He never hesitated to share his love his thoughts his advice. I am so thankful for his faithful example.
I was surprised that I did not cry when I saw his body. Then I thought about it and it really wasn't him. He is in heaven, whole at last, reuniting with his mother and father. I know he hasn't wasted any time getting to work up there either.
Grandpa you worked all your life with only two desires. To provide for your family and to serve the Lord with all your heart. The Legacy you left behind is our greatest treasure. Your strong character & loving ways have molded us into who we are. We are better because of you.
I will never stop talking about you and remembering you. This journey ahead will not keep us apart forever.
As a matter of fact I could use a little help along the way.
I love you




1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you posted pictures Amy, thank you for those of that couldn't come. We love your family so so much. We are thinking of you and praying for you.

    ReplyDelete