"Rocky Creek Special"
is her name.
We are horse sitting for Uncle Tracy again. Only this time Lacey made friends with "special" right off. Troy told her if you blow in a horses nose it becomes your friend forever. She ran right out to give it a try and now I am always catching them together.
She doesn't have a sister but for a while anyway she gets to have a horse. She whispers all her worries and secrets to "Special" and always comes in feeling happy.
Its a win for the both of us.
The next day after church I found Lacey out brushing "Special" again wearing my cowboy hat.
What a silly girl.
Two days later I caught this sight from the kitchen window and grabbed my camera to record it.
I think I know where all the carrots are going.
Life in the pasture is a bit of heaven right now for Lacey. Uncle Tracy is going to have one spoiled horse to take home.
I'm so thankful for the opportunity. It's just what we/she needed.



No comments:
Post a Comment