Our New Quote to live by for 2013..."A family that Prays and Plays Together stays together"

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Christmas Talent Show- Ward Party

O.K. so this year the primary were asked to sign up for a part in the Christmas talent show. My kids were so excited...especially LACEY shocking I know.(hehe) She had a new plan every day and everyday it got grander and grander. One night at dinner we were discussing her newest additions to her performance plan which was a song she had made up. When Kasen interrupted, asking if he could be in it. He also asked if they could please sing ..."you know Mom that song about Santa coming to town."
Lacey loved the idea and they both began their pleading..."can we Mom can we PLEEEEEEASE."
I said yes hoping that during the week they might just forget about the whole thing and we could just go and watch others perform their practiced polished talents. After a few days I really thought it was all over. However that night Lacey received a phone call reminding her of her part in the program. At this point I decided we had better get a plan so we downloaded a jazzy version of santa clause coming to town and played it over and over while Lacey and I choreographed some simple actions and dance steps. Anyone who knows my kids knows that my ideas are never good enough for them. Kasen came up with the idea that he wanted to dress up and be Santa in the song. It was a rather cute part and made the whole thing come together......"comic relief"became our true talent and we went all out by including Jaxon as a reindeer in footy pajamas. A few more days passed and we practiced a few more times. They were so hilarious and rather good too.
The day of the ward party I managed to piece together a Santa costume for Kasen complete with "bowl full of jelly"(Lacey's doll pillow) Troy arrived home in time to help us all load up and off we went...
There were lots of musical numbers on various instruments and some vocals as well.
These are my adorable nieces singing "The littlest Tree in the Forest"


Baylee sang so sweetly and new all the actions.


Kambria sang her heart out with her mouth practically touching the mic.
Her hip keeping rhythm while while she sang.



Lydia stood fight in the middle and grinned at everyone until the chorus when she would chime in with her tiny little voice and precise pronunciation.


The audience adored them and so did we!
throughout the show Kasen kept begging me to put on his Santa suit. Its a surprise I kept saying and told him he had to wait till right before.(I figured the element of surprise was the one thing we had going for us.) But when the time came I found Kasen already dressed and waiting anxiously for his turn. I helped Lacey change into her pajamas and we started the music...


Here's how it started with Lacey and Jax sleeping then bells then waking up and starting to sing and Dance


Then Santa arrives making his big entrance at"Santa Clause is coming to town..."


This picture tells the whole story....
Kasen completely CHICKENED OUT! he had stage fright and could not go on...I was sitting in the audience taking pics when I realized he was not joining on his cue...Lacey started to worry so I ran back stage to save Lacey from being totaly embarrassed. At this point I really did ask myself how in the world I got dragged into this...I carried Kasen on stage...The crowd roared with laughter and cheers...after all they just wanted to see him in his costume....Lacey kept going and never missed a beat...although she did change the direction for her motions to accommodate kasens position and Jaxon just sat there....I was not thrilled about being up there....O.k. I was seriously embarrassed LOVE was the only motivator...Lacey finished beautifully and the song was over... 


At this point the applause begins and Jaxon realizes he missed his part...so he refuses to exit the stage. I am carrying the pillow and am wearing 3 inch heels...remember Jaxon ways a ton and so I reach down to pick him up and quicly realize I am going to fall over If I pick him up....Not and addition I was willing to add to the experience. so I threw the pillow aside and proceeded to drag him by his feet off stage.Which created another stream of laughter from the audience.
So there you have it folks...Our Talent...Improv COMIC RELIEF...to music!
wait is that a talent or just a big mistake?
It was by far the most complicated and unpredictable act of the evening!
(The worst part for me was that they were so cute all those times we practiced at home. I mean Kasen even belted out his HO HO HO MERRY CHRISTMAS at the end so good. And Troy never even got to see it not once! He claims the two best parts were watching me run to back stage in heels and then watching me drag Jaxon off stage....He laughed and laughed....I asked him why he didn't come to my rescue and he said he had to stay and video it all...what a stinker)
Troy insists that I post the video...I'll try...to my own demise.






1 comment: