Today I am a little crazy. I feel like tons of energy is bottled up inside me and I am going to explode. Actually I know I am hormonal today and I haven't slept well all week.(so I;m actually just deliriously tired) It has also been a very stressful week. I know if I stop moving I will collapse and I can't do that yet. This afternoon I tried to sneak of for about 30 minutes and escape! I was going to get the mail and run by the grocery store. I left all the kids with Troy. I had to stop at my sisters across the street to sign some papers...when I was finished I went to my car to find that THEY HAD FOUND ME! Kasen and Jaxon were eager to join me...so...I let them in. I hadn't brought my cell phone so I decided to drive back home to tell Troy I had the boys so he wouldn't worry. At that point Canyon met me with a big grin and started jumping to see me. I buckled him in his car seat and headed for the car where Chelsey asked if she could come a long. "Why not" I said "We'll all go." So we left Troy resting on the couch and headed for town. I was feeling a little jipped at this point. I told everyone to be very quiet and not talk to me cause I was going to think. This lasted about 5 seconds. The boys asked lots of questions all the way there. When We pulled into Ed's they all jumped out of the car and pointed out it was going to rain. THIS IS WHEN IT HAPPENED! I just snapped out of it. I decided to stop thinking about myself and looked at my boys smiled really big and said.."Look it might rain, wouldn't that be wonderful, It would give our land a drink our garden a drink! They lit up and said ya mom and our FLOWERS! Then they ran in to get their little carts to push.
Why is this story significant...because at the very moment that I chose to think about them instead of me. I felt really happy truly happy.
I have been spending a lot of time with all my kids since they have been out of school and things can get really busy. I am trying to find the balance I need to be a great mom. This week I am trying THOUGHT REPLACEMENT:when I think a negative thought I replace it with a positive. This is a challenge. Sometimes I catch it a little late and say something negative and then have to go back and say it over. It changes the outcome when I do. I hope to get better at this.
Positive Outcomes so Far:
Rustin is finally being successful at training his pig.(He has recently been very discouraged)
Lacey caught herself interrupting me on the phone and quickly apologized after.
Kasen finished cleaning the play room all by himself.(even though he thought it was too hard)
Jaxon played so sweetly with canyon out side for a good 15 minutes.
All of the eggs made it in whole today.
All of the chores got done.(without nagging)
Chelsey baked cookies for us and chose to not even eat one.
Everyone thanked me for something today.
I made at least 4 people in our home laugh today even Troy!
3 people excepted the answer NO today without a fit!
No comments:
Post a Comment