Our New Quote to live by for 2013..."A family that Prays and Plays Together stays together"

Friday, October 29, 2010

Conference Weekend-Good Times!

We look forward to conference weekend every time. When I was growing up my family always got excited over conference. Not only did we get to stay home and wear are pajamas all day but we got to have fun activities and yummy foods to eat. I would watch my Parents get enthusiastic about the talks and listened to all them & extended family discuss and comment on their favorite parts. They involved all of us kids in a way that we could participate also. Because of them I have great memories of conference weekends together. We have tried to carry on the tradition. This year with the help of aunt Nat we tried something new. The kids all got empty boxes and made them into Conference Cars! (with snack trays built in and all) ALL of my kids loved these. 



We experienced some technical difficulties the first day so we huddled around my tiny computer. I thought it might not keep the kids attention but they did really great.



We played peek a boo in the cars with this big sheet. Jaxon had the most fun with this. I love his laugh when he really gets going.


We made popcorn balls!



Canyon loved having time to crawl around on all of us. Then he snuk off and  discovered the snack cupboard and helped himself to fritos.



We filled a tub full of crayons, and cards and paper printouts for the kids to do.
(Lacey's favorite was Conference bingo which was played with m&ms)



Chelsey did Word searches and wrote in her journal.


Rustin came prepared with drawing stuff and more.


Lacey did her favorite puzzle.



The second day we actually got to watch the big T.V.



Whistle our bird joined us off and on. Canyon discovered him up close and was so funny with him.




The last conference we didn't plan well and ended up traveling. This was just nice to be home and have a memorable time together. It seemed so relaxing. We had our neighbors over for Sunday dinner and had a great visit. By Sunday Night we were full and happy, from good food and good messages.

(conference always leaves me a renewed desire to do and live better. It also gives me a lot to think about as I look inward. I am so grateful for a loving Heavenly Father, a living prophet and inspired leaders who direct us.) 

All in all we can't wait to do it again.

1 comment:

  1. Canyon is so stinkin cute...I can't stand it anymore, I wanna pinch him so bad!!

    ReplyDelete